1. It's not as easy as it looks.
2. The room gets bigger as you paint.
3. Gravity is a force to reckon with.
4. The first stroke of the brush or roller puts the paint on... the second can take it off... what is it with that?
5. It looks awful until it has dried (which makes you feel like you are doing a really bad job and the subsequent bad attitude means the next wall looks even worse!)
6. Painting ceilings can make you feel really unwell. (looking up all the time is bad for you)
7. Walls are bumpy not smooth (who'd have thought eh??)
8. Painting and cooking at the same time is not advisable.
9. A mug full of hot tea is not a suitable receptacle for a fully loaded paint brush.
10. Paint is attracted to floors, tables, soft furnishings and other places where it's not supposed to be.
11. Paint can magically appear UNDERNEATH the carefully placed dust sheet.
12. Ladders are scary.
13. "Oh" is not an appropriate response from hubby when he gets home from work and looks at the finished job that took you ALL DAY to complete.
14. And finally... if you can afford it... pay a professional.
What are we all about?
The focus of this blog is simple - and that's the goal too. A more simple way of life. A life in tune with the rhythms of nature and of human nature. Where everything has its time and place and purpose, including us.
We have left the rat race behind and taken on new challenges. We aim to tread as lightly as we can upon the planet, to reconnect with nature, to eat good food, drink excellent wine, enjoy the best of company.... even if that is sometimes just our own! Please feel free to eavesdrop from time to time on our lives and see how we are doing and if you are ever in Extremadura... drop us an email and we'll give you directions.